Monday, October 13, 2008

Workin' on the Trench







I think this image says it all: Art Trail, gallery open, and backhoe waiting to fill the trench back in.





Today marks day seven of the BIG DIG. It started out as a simple goal to bring water and natural gas to the studio. I never thought I would be the one laying the pipe. Turns out, my labor is a whole lot cheaper than my plumber. So for the past four days I have been fitting the pvc pipe together, then gluing it all up today, and finally fishing the stainless steel gas line through the pvc conduit. Fun fun fun.

So here is what our driveway and yard look like right now. Of course, this is right in the middle of Art Trail! Figures.

The good news is that if all goes well tomorrow, I should begin backfilling the trench tomorrow, with the gas being hooked up probably before the week's end. Then it's back to making ice cream bowls for all those folks waiting for them!

No comments: