Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Midweek Thoughts

This has been a pretty sweet week so far. Lots of working being made in the studio. I think I can safely say, we WON'T be lacking for ice cream bowls come summer. Then again, maybe we'll get inundated with ice cream bowl sales in May.

In any event, the shelves are starting to feel full again, and we just loaded our third bisque firing for the month. Granted, our kiln is small. Ten cubic feet is nothing to sneeze at... unless your hanky happens to be a 100cu ft downdraft car kiln. In which case, sneezing would be accompanied by chortling too.

We make do with what we have. Every now and then I get nostalgic for the gas kilns of my past. Maybe someday, when we have more of our mortgage paid down, we'll pull together enough $$ to make a nice car kiln here.

In the meantime, there's hockey! Three more weekends of hockey hockey hockey! Right now, I think Nancy and I are still recovering from last weekend's games. Two very close games. Really fun. On the way home from Saturday's game, Nancy managed to grab this image out the window as the light was almost gone from the evening sky. Pretty wild.


No comments: