Saturday, June 5, 2010

Got to See the Yardvarks at the Rongo Last Night


Thanks to our friends Dorothy and Chris (who plays drums with the Yardvarks... even though he isnt in any of these pictures... [and yes, we shall have to remedy that]) we were fortunate to have the Yardvarks play at our Busted Belly Benefit. I thought it only fair (and FUN) to catch them playing last night at the Rongo (The Rongovian Embassy to the United States). The big plus for me was that we got there early during the first set, so there was plenty of room for me to move around and photography everyone to my heart's content! Very fun. I hope to try using some off-camera flash next time (provided the boys in the band don't mind terribly).






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly drummers are the last (if ever) band member photographed , every time! It's one of the great injustices of the ages. I can't tell you how many drummers have said the same to me. : )

Q. said...

These are great. Keep em coming.

Alex Solla said...

Thanks Q- I love trying to capture folks in odd light, but I have to admit, the lighting at the Rongo was about as odd as I have ever seen. Everyone was a shade of pink or red. Every image I shot of Chris made him look like he was wearing a Barbi pink t-shirt. This process is definitely a major learning experience. In the end, I just want to shoot more! Gives me a good excuse to haunt the Rongo more often!!