Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thoughts on the day

The last of our gigantic allium, shot early enough in the morning that no neighbors wondered what I was doing,
for half an hour...waiting over this flower for the light to get right where I wanted it!




In the morning, I usually have most of my creative action. That isn't to say the rest of the day is devoid of creativity, but in the morning, with the juices moving,... I can get things to happen. By the time the heat of the day is upon me, I lean toward the sluggish side. Nightfall can bring on creative ideas, but action always seems best saved for the following morning. I don't know if I have always been this way... it would seem so though.

While most everyone is asleep or slowly answering the call of work or school, I am zooming through six or even more things at once. By noon, it starts to slow. Why? Where does this flurry come from? My nutritionist would have me believe it all boils down to blood sugar levels, but I dont see how that could influence creativity. I am talking about the muse. The river that surges.

I just don't know. Perhaps that's as good as I can hope for.

No comments: