Sunday, May 3, 2009

Not Everyone Washes




Not everyone washes their bisque, but I do. I think I have since I was in college. I have heard all the pros and cons... but the lowered rate of defects and the extra chance to catch any stray nibbins of clay... all outweigh the extra expense of time.

So today, we have a table full of bisque from yesterday's firing... drying slowly by the window. We're taking most of today off to go and have brunch with friends and then attend an MFA Final Reading from some of the current MFA writers up at Cornell Univ. Should be FUN. I know brunch will rock because Dana and Justin are flat-out amazing cooks. The downside is we'll be closed today.

See ya' tomorrow. And remember, wash your bisque.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

I'm laughing to myself, wash your bisque, I love it.