Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No News is Good News

I didn't post yesterday because we were getting Alex settled into the Short Stay Surgical Unit, a step-down ward, and he wanted me to stay the night with him. He still has some anxiety, for example he confessed that he's afraid to go to sleep because he's afraid he'll wake up and find out he's missed another month of his life...

I'm home for 1/2 an hour before turning around and going back to the hospital with some new supplies: Alex gets to SHOWER now, so I had to get his special medicated shampoo, etc. Alex also gets to eat REAL FOOD after a day and a half of Jello. His urinary catheter is coming out this afternoon, and he'll probably be off the trach by the end of the week. We could see him discharged from the "hospital" and admitted to the physical rehab unit as soon as the end of this week!!!!!

Gotta run - thanks for all of your prayers and support.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Incredible news! This makes a hard day a lot better. I'm so happy.

Nimrod said...

Hi Alex, I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Sorry that I couldn't make it to see you at CMC when I was in Ithaca. I'll be back in April and see you when you're back on your feet and such.

Alex Solla said...

Thanks, D and Keith! -Nancy